Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Switch (GS808E)
Optimized for Video and Streaming
- Low latency connections for the ultimate multi-user/online VR gaming experience and 4K HD video streaming.
- One-click optimized configuration presets for the best gaming, streaming, or general networking.
- Three levels of network traffic prioritization and QoS management for ultra-high performance ensure that the connections you chose get the highest priority.
"One-click" fast set up and configuration with pre-configured and optimized settings. Choose between low latency gaming, high priority media streaming, standard LAN networking or your own customizable user-defined mode.
Intuitive web browser-based graphical user interface (GUI), simple enough for everyone, but with rich features and advanced functions for techies, all accessible from your computer or mobile device.
Cool Design and Configurable LEDs
Industry-first "cool-touch" premium zinc-alloy housing for durability and looks, with soft-touch no-slip base.
Configurable and multi-angle viewable LEDs allows you to see your port status and activity even when you are not looking at the ports. You can also turn off all LEDs (power and Ethernet ports) for distraction-free operation.
Up to 4x Faster Than a Single Gigabit Connection
Port trunking/Link Aggregation (LAG) allows for increased throughput beyond 1G or to provide redundancy across the link(s).
In addition, LAGs allow for using multiple ports to create an aggregated connection of up to 4Gbps concurrent throughput to any other link aggregation capable devices, such as NETGEAR ReadyNAS storage or Nighthawk routers*.
In the home or in the office, with link aggregation you will get the fastest file transfers, backups, or gaming, while also providing a redundant connection for fail-over.
*Only available with Nighthawk routers that support static LAG.
Advanced Networking Features
The Nighthawk S8000 switch can go beyond plug-and-play connectivity with advanced L2 switch networking features, allowing businesses to prioritize voice and video traffic with QoS.
IGMP snooping allows for optimized multimedia delivery and port trunking adds redundancy to uplinks and servers.
Setup and configuration is simple using the mobile optimized web browser-based configuration GUI.
- NETGEAR® Nighthawk® S8000 8-Port Gaming & Streaming Switch
Port and power LED on/off
- Yes, controlled separately
Packet buffer memory (dynamically shared across ports in use)
- 192 KB
Latency on non-congested network
- Nighthawk Switch : 2.7μs
- Standard Gigabit Switch : 3.7μs
Latency on congested network
- Nighthawk Switch : 4.7μs
- Standard Gigabit Switch : 451 μs
- 16 Gbps
MAC address database size (48-bit MAC addresses)
Packet forwarding rate (64 byte packet size) (Mfps or Mpps)
- 11.9 Mfps
One-click optimized setup
Default preset modes
- Gaming (Optimizes Port 1 for a gaming device and Port 8 for Uplink)
- Media Streaming (Optimizes Port 2 for a media streaming device and Port 8 for Uplink)
- Standard Preset (All ports have equal priorization)
Customizable preset modes
Cable test utility
Port-based rate limiting
- Ingress and egress
Per-port rate limiting
- Yes, multiple speeds
Pre-defined port priority queues
IGMP snooping (v1, v2, and v3)
Static manual LAGs (port trunking)
# of Static LAGs / # of members in each LAG
- 2 LAGs with max 4 members in each LAG
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 195 x 149 x 40 mm (7.7 x 5.9 x 1.6 in)
- 0.74 kg (1.63 lbs)
- External PSU, 12VDC, 1A max
- Power supply localized to country of sale
- 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)